New Year’s is still new, but we’re already over the big New Year’s resolutions. Instead, use this month to check off some important yet simple items on your professional and personal to-do list.
- Review your gift acceptance policies and update them as needed.
- Review your strategic plan, or develop a strategic plan!
- Make sure all your web links are in working order on your website.
- Test your online donation capabilities and ensure they are working properly. . .or set up online giving!
- Update the messaging in your thank you acknowledgements.
- Call or visit your top donors to thank and report how their money was used.
- Thank your board members for their support and leadership
- Offer to speak to area service clubs about your organization when it fits their schedules
- Celebrate your successes with your staff (or yourself if you’re a one-person shop)
- Review your brochures to be sure they are up-to-date
- Plan your grant application schedule
- Review and renew any licenses required in your state for fundraising as well as gaming or raffle licenses
- Make your continuing education plans for the year
- Obtain your CFRE or recertify
- Write down the books you meant to read last year and do so this year.
- Resolve to exercise more, eat better and get more sleep!
AMPERAGE Fundraising Advisers is a full-service fundraising company whose mission is to move the needle for our clients. For more information on Amperage Fundraising Advisers or to make a recommendation for a future blog post, contact us today!