Knowing the keys to an effective fund development program—mission, vision and case—is important, but it is also important to remember that a gift to your organization is a gift to fill an unmet need in society. People are more willing to donate if they believe in the cause they are supporting. This is why you should design your case statement to focus on what will appeal to potential donors.
Donors will be attracted to your organization for these key reasons:
- They believe in your organization’s mission, core values and vision
- They believe in your organization’s unique qualifications to provide programs and services, both now and in the future
- Their gift will change a life or save a life
- They want to make a difference in their community through your organization
- They believe your organization will use the funds effectively per their intent
- They want to join others in a valuable cause
- You asked them to make an investment in your organization and community
AMPERAGE Fundraising Advisers is a full-service fundraising company whose mission is to move the needle for our clients. For more information on Amperage Fundraising Advisers or to make a recommendation for a future blog post, contact us today!